Which Fish Tank Frequently Asked Questions
I have created a Which Fish Tank Frequently Asked Questions page - for some of the questions that I have been e-mailed. These are just a selection of the most popular ones.
This FAQs Page will also be an interactive one where questions not listed here can be posted by visitors to the site.
ALSO for all you fish aquarium experts who have answers to any of the new questions featured here, you can post them here as well!
You have an opportunity to share your experience with new aquarists looking for the answers to questions that they haven't been able to find elsewhere.
Find the easy fill out form below, under the Which Fish Tank FAQs list of questions and answers - where you can post your questions and / or answers.
Let's start here!
Custom fish tanks
WFT FAQs - Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Tropical fish tanks for beginners - What are the best ones to start with?
- Answer: This is a difficult question to answer because many fish beginners have their own ideas about which beginner tank they want and should buy first. In my opinion the biggest tank you can afford (ideally a 90-110 liter tank works best for starter tanks) - is cheaper in the long term, and can ultimately hold more fish. For these reasons - I recommend a Jewel Primo 110 Aquarium as a great tropical fish tank for beginners.
- Question: What are the best fish tank types to buy for a beginner?
- Answer: Goldfish (coldwater) and Tropical (Warm water) tanks are the best buy for the beginner aquarist - but I would strongly suggest buying the biggest tank you can afford - a 90 liter tropical tank would be ideal for people starting off with the hobby, because it's easier to set up and cycle before adding your new fish.
- Question: Best fish tank brands?
- Answer: For experience and longevity in fish aquarium manufacturing - you can't go far wrong with Jewel, Fluval And Giesemann Aquarium Tanks.
- Question: How easy is it to cycle a fish tank?
- Answer: I have created a whole page dedicated to this question because it cannot be answered in a simple yes or no. Go here - FishAquariumCycle
- Question: How many fish are there in a 90 liter tropical tank?
- Answer: That depends on the size of all the species of fish, eg: neon tetra and danio's - you could have 15 - 18 fish or if larger fish eg: Congo tetra - you could only have about 8 in your 90 liter tank.
- Question: Are large corner fish tanks ideal for everyone?
- Answer: I would say no - d ue to their size, and weight for instance - a large 350 corner aquarium is only suited to an experienced fish aquarist. These tanks need a large corner area of a room, and ideally a solid concrete / cement floor to take their full weight.
- Question: First fish to keep for new aquarists?
- Answer: I would suggest Goldfish for coldwater tanks, or Danio's (These fish are quite tough and do well in a variety of conditions because of this - they are a perfect first choice for tropical tanks).
- Question: Best place to buy an aquarium online?
- Answer: There is so much choice and variety - whether you want tropical / cold water or a marine fish tank, there are hundreds, possibly thousands of suppliers on the internet that are wanting you to buy their products. But brand recognition and reputation prevails - which is why many customers purchase directly from Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist and aquarium manufacturers such as Jewel and Fluval .
Please add your own Which Fish Tank FAQ or even a helpful solution to a particular question.
Below is the fill out form where you can post your question or give us a well informed answer to any other fish tank related question listed.
I hope that as an experienced fish aquarist, you will kindly share your expertise to beginner fish keepers around the globe.
Don't be shy ..... got a fish tank question or answer that you are willing to share with others? This is the site to share it.
Add A WFT FAQs Question or Answer
Got a FISHY question that you need answered ASAP - Submit it below, and i will answer it, as best that i can.
Or alternatively - if you have an answer to any questions posted above, it would be a massive help to everyone wanting information about fish tanks and aquariums.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...